What is Functional Testing?
Functional testing is one of the primary activities of the Quality assurance testing process to ensure the proper and expected to work of the intended functionalities. Functional attributes form the major part of a software product irrespective of software size and domain. A performance of the software functionalities reflects the image of the quality possessed by it.
To boost the level of functional traits and subsequently the performance, a software product needs to undergo a specific and functional quality based software testing, namely functional tests which verify and validates the functionalities against the business and the user requirements so as to stand on the expectations of the users.
Why do you need functional testing?
Functional testing is not limited to functionalities only; it covers other essential aspects also, such as basic usability, accessibility, etc. To ensure meticulous evaluation of the functional areas of a software product for the best possible quality, functional testing is performed to test application at each different levels of testing through:
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- System testing
- User Acceptance Testing
What do we offer in Functional testing?
We take utmost pride and make sure that all the functional testing solutions provided by us to our clients are aligned to their needs and the specifications provided by them. The proper functionality of every aspect of the solution including the security features, the installation process, all the APIs and the outcomes in different environments is tested by our dedicated team of QA professionals.Our experienced QA testing teams are specialized in providing the sundry quality assurance services and functional testing across different verticals and for multiple platforms like mobile, desktop, cloud and web services, which includes:
- System Integration Testing:
For the effective and unwrinkled functioning of a software system, its sub-components or the modules need to be properly integrated and interfaced during the system’s integration so as to ensure the reliability attribute between the modules.
- User Acceptance Testing:
A software product is of no use unless and until it is acceptable to its targeted users. The software product needs to meet the requirements and the expectation of the end users in the real world environment.
- Regression Testing:
A repetitive occurrence of defects and its subsequent fixation along with the need to validate the proper functioning of the existing functionalities is a frequent activity during the testing.
- Functional Test Automation:
With automation, testing can be carried out concurrently and parallel to the development process. Execution of functional tests using automated tools not only increases the productivity and efficiency but also improves the functional coverage and the accuracy.
Apart from these, some important parameters including networking capability and database management are also made to go through a complete testing procedure before being certified by our technical experts.
What makes our functional testing distinguishable?
We are constantly providing the valued functional testing solutions to our clients since our inception. You can bank on us as:
- We work rigorously as a team and adopt best approaches and practices to experience the customer’s satisfaction in using software functions.
- Our functional testers with their in-depth knowledge, versatile skills and years of experience know how to optimize the software quality.
- We constantly update ourselves with the latest tools and frameworks to continuously meet the all-around functional and business requirements of the clients. Some of the latest functional testing tools used by us are:
- HP’s UFT
- We believe in testing the software functionalities in real conditions and environment which could be seen in our test lab environment.
- We are recognized for our valuable quality of on-time project delivery integrated with quality assurance at competitive pricing.